Sunday, September 28, 2014

The Data Tells me What to Teach Them ~ Their Passions Tell Me How

Teach Thought 30 Day Blogging Challenge ~ Day 28 ~ Should Technology drive curriculum or vice-versa?

I think neither should drive the other, but used together, with data driving both.

I know there are certain standards, big ideas and anchor standards that students must master in their various grades.

But for me it's their DATA that tells me WHAT specific curriculum they need on an individual basis, and not based solely their grade level. 

And it's their PASSIONS that tell me HOW to teach them. 

Some are script writers and PowerPoint creators while others are Lego Master iMovie makers. 


The challenge is to combine WHAT they need to know with HOW they are most likely to learn it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment