Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Be Afraid of Being Afraid

Teach Thought 30 Day Blogging Challenge ~ Day 30 ~ What would I do as a teacher if I weren’t afraid?


 I’m not afraid. I’m not afraid of anything! Who, me? No way.

OK, seriously, What would I do?

Well, first, what am I afraid of?

It’s not receiving a bad evaluation. I care more about being an
effective teacher than I do about being seen as one.

So I’m not afraid of that.

 I’m not afraid of what others think. I am excited that they do think. Not about me, but about what they can do to be the ultra-effective teacher they dream of in their hearts.

 Hmmmm. Parents? No

I guess I’d keep doing what I keep trying to do, no matter the problems it causes; identify what each child needs to know, and provide exciting and as individualistic lesson plans as possible.

This is very different from what most parents know, and often we fear what we don’t understand.

 So, I guess I’ll continue being unafraid of parents being fearful of my teaching style at the beginning of every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment