Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Dead Poets Society - Random Funniness ~ Robin Williams

Teach Thought 3 Day Blogging Challenge ~ Day 10

5 random thoughts about myself:


I like to learn new languages

I love to travel

I want to own horses but not sure I can even afford a kitten

I'm constantly thinking of ways to improve my teaching

I don't think I can live long enough to experience everything I want 



4 things from my bucket list:


Travel, write and live in Europe

Write, travel and live in Europe

Live, write and travel in Europe

In Europe, live, write and travel



3 things I hope for this year


to create powerful teaching lessons that truly empower my students for the rest of their lives

to have more fun than I and my students have ever had

to take so much action that there is much more happening in my classroom and much less hoping it would happen



2 things that have made me laugh or cry


When I'm focused on enjoying teaching the students and having them enjoy learning it, I laugh and play and find myself slipping into accents just like Robin in Dead Poets Society. My students love seeing a teacher have fun and they often laugh so hard they fall out of their chairs.




Sometimes students whom I didn't have great success with will come up to me at the end of the year and thank me. When I ask them for what, they say, "For never giving up on me". This makes me cry.

One thing I wish more people knew about me.........I'm not sure. I guess one thing I wish was knowing what I wished more people knew about me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment