Friday, September 5, 2014

What Do You See in Your Classroom? ~ What Would You Like to See?

30 Day Blog Challenge ~ Day 5 ~ Post Pictures of Your Classroom



I see a classroom turned into a ship that explores the New World and a "captain" that is having fun and fully committed to his students. 

Last year my students had to pass their social studies assessment in order to board the ship, pass their reading assessment in order to help navigate the ship, become a royal scientist on board the ship, survive mad math monkey island to continue voyage on the ship, and be able to write about the journey to the king and queen who funded the trip. 

What I don't see are academic obstacle courses which I'm adding this year as a result of my LSI (Learning Science International) trainings that I'm going to as a result of our school becoming a Marzano demonstration school. 

It's frustrating because of all the time spent out of the classroom to go to these extra trainings, but all the more rewarding as I come back with increased understanding of how to implement these big ideas of what my classroom can be!

Dream Big! Do Big! Become Big!

Find the hero in you, and you'll be able to find the hero in your students!


No comments:

Post a Comment