Sunday, July 3, 2016

KICKSTARTING OUR HEARTS ~ Thought #18 on Ending Terrorism ~ Happiness Dwells in the Soul

KICKSTARTING OUR HEARTS ~ Thought #18 on Ending Terrorism ~ Happiness Dwells in the Soul

I just created a special folder for u Sally Snavely Wilson to use these posts in my lessons  - we have to come up with a special name/title/character for u and I'll figure out how to integrate it -  with your permission of course,

and if u don't give ur permission them i'll use it without ur permission of course - either way - ur too funny and see life in such a playful light that uses playful thinking ..... Snavely's Snickers? no,.....BONG!!!!!! (sound effect) "It's time to snicker with Sally. You have 60 seconds to figure out why this is funny. Go! (mission impossible countdown begins) -
we'll figure out something.......You would have been good friends with Plato and  Democritus (the Laughing Philosopher) .........
OK, this is turning into another  thought on ending terrorism.....which is my job to do, first in their heads, then in their neighborhoods, world, etc..........so whether u like it or not i'm adding u to the faculty of The School of Athens Mind Adventures.....
in fact, every Snavely must contribute (e.g. Susan Snavely Wolford) to helping my students laugh and learn or ......they can't keep the Snavely name!.....Those are the rules that I just made up......
It worked when I taught at Gilmour Academy where I told my very smart and wealthy students who were getting A-'s with their eyes closed that there were only 2 grades in my class, an A+ or an F-....when they asked if I could do that I said,
"As far as you know"....and they bought it which helped me get them to buy into giving their ALL!.......
*I can just hear it now, "Mr. Stuart, you PROMISED you'd try to teach more inside the box so it looks more like the boxroom of everyone else's classroom. It's easier to judge you that way."........Hey! When I said that how was I to know that the box needed to include Bellville? .....Bellville, Orlando, Ancient Greece, the universe........
if what our kids need to be taught won't fit into the box we're using to teach them then it seems pretty clear we need to make the box of THEIR education bigger!.
...just a thought.... just a must!...........just a mission that needs to include Democritus the Laughing Philosopher and Sally the Laughing FaceBooker.
A life without parties would be like an endless road without an inn. ~ Democritus

Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul. ~ Democritus

No comments:

Post a Comment