Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Musica È ~ We Hear this in the Cry of the Stars and Feel it as it Punctures our Skin


*To me this song, “Musica È”, says that when more of us feel more we become the many in a universal language chorus of what we can be. And it is this music that we hear that will save you and me.

The part at @6:30 is especially moving.

When more of us feel more of what more we can do and what more we can be we take up more space in the universe of how much more it can be.

I KNEW Xavier could be more than what he was living because from the first time I got him to shake my hand a few months ago I felt MORE POWER in the grip of his handshake than I had in most grown men.

I knew he had a passionate and fiery desire to be more than what he was at that point.

I don't want to speak too soon but he may now have become permanently more than he's ever been. On Friday, he asked what his homework was. When I told him that he didn't have any, he asked if I could give him some anyway.

He didn't do it, and I'm not judging him because I don't know what he had to deal with over the weekend, but I DO know that for the first time he asked for MORE homework that he COULD do instead of asking for what homework he HAD to do.

I do know that he now believes in himself more and believes he has the potential to be more and not sitting around wishing his life could be more.


Now he's standing up to it and fighting for it.

And I guarantee you this is a fight he will win because I can guarantee I will be right beside him, fighting with him and for him and not against him.

And that comes from the teacher learning how to be more for him.

Last Tuesday at dismissal he was yelling to a friend passing by the door and I yelled at him to stop yelling (such a hypocrite I can be).

I saw the look on his face and realized what I had done. I called him over and put my arm around him telling him that I loved him and just needed him to control his voice because it was draining me constantly asking him, and now yelling at him, not to yell.

On Monday, he said that his mom told him he was not draining her as much as he used to and asked if he was not draining me as much either.

And this was a "no" I was happy to tell him.

As teachers we are forced to become multilingual, learning the language of each of our students.

And I’m happy knowing that I’m becoming more fluent in speaking the language of him.

If we listen hard enough we will hear this in the cry of the stars and feel this as it punctures our skin, as I did when I realized I had yelled at him. 

Senti più siamo in tanti e più in alto sale un coro in lingua universale. Dice che anche del cielo han bucato la pelle. Lo senti è l'urlo delle stelle. È musica è da conservare, da salvare insieme a te.

No comments:

Post a Comment